January 27, 2010

No, look what YOU did.

The Next Door Neighbour Guy is somewhat less than diligent in cleaning up the deposits that his big black Labrador Retriever named Bubba leaves in the yards on our street.

(Our landlady, initially confused as to whether NDNG's dog or Two Doors Down Guy's dog Kiwi was responsible, once posted a large sign in the yard: CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR PETS IMMEDIATELY. Not that it helped.)














I was standing on my front patio yesterday trying to remember where I'd put the shovel, when NDNG pulled up and he and Bubba got out of their truck. NDNG walked up to greet me and strode through our shared front yard to shake my hand. As he got to the edge of my patio, he planted his left foot in the middle of a heaping helping of Bubbaturd.

"Oh, Bubba," NDNG said, turning to his dog. "Look what you did."

He wiped off his shoe on the grass, excused himself and went inside.

And I need to find that shovel.

1 comment:

td said...

"Look what you did." ? Was this something NEW that Bubba does? Does Bubba usually wear a bag or something? Amazing.

Reminds me of that Letterman joke about the guy whose dog was constipated and for him, it was a win-win, really.