July 1, 2010

In Which I Welcome Myself Home.

It's my first Canada Day at home in eight years. It seems only appropriate that I might enumerate a few of the many, many, many things that make me glad to be back.

So, without further ado...

Top Ten Reasons I Moved Back To Canada:

10: It snows 362 days a year in Canada.
9: The only occasion one ever has to think about Sarah Palin is to fill space in some stupid list.
8: Overwhelmed by the irreconcilable incongruity of America: so many cops, so few Tim Hortons.
7: Canada's late-night tv host wars were settled long ago. All hail George Strombopolous!
6: Don Cherry on Hockey Night In Canada is a much more reliable source of bizarre outfits than peopleofwalmart.com.
5: Having successfully ousted President Bush, I must now do the same to Prime Minister Harper.
4: I will need medical care in 10-20 years, so I am getting in line now.
3: On Canadian tv, they show boobies [note to self: get a tv].
2: I received an email from HM Queen Elizabeth II promising me cash if I helped her with a certain banking transaction.
1: It's my home and native land, yo.

2 comments:

td said...

Happy Canada Day! Glad you are enjoying being back in le homeland.

However, the United States misses you (the Dow Jones snark market index has gone way down too).

Give my regards to Celine and René.

Monica (aka vAnnie) said...

It's been ages since I got out of the blogging game (and the vanpooling game for that matter). It's been a terribly slow day at work which let me to visit my Google reader for the first time in ages.

I was getting caught up on your musings and admit there were some chortles and guffaws.

Happy for you to be back in your homeland, and look forward to reading all about your kooky kanuck adventures.