February 20, 2010

I Hope I Get The Job.

I have a job interview on Monday. I just realized that I need the job, if only to be able to pay for the things associated with going to the interview:

Haircut: $17
Shirt, new, white (16-1/2" neck, 32" sleeve): $25
Oil change, tire rotation, brake job*: $493
Gas to drive to & from interview**: $70
Hotel room: $95
Meals, tolls, etc., for two***: $130
Catsitter: $20
Total: $850


Geez. It's a good thing I don't need a new suit, too. 

* The car was overdue for an oil change and rotation. A sticking rear brake caliper also needed to be replaced, along with the rotor it shredded. Brake pads were replaced under warranty at no charge.
** The interview is in Toronto. It's about a 750-mile round trip. Our car, "Dirty Harry," gets about 30mpg. So 25 gallons of gas ought to get us there and back. If I buy gas in the US, I'll pay around $2.80/gallon, on average. Hence, $70.
***The Lovely Mrs. byoolin's trebuchet will accompany me.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Wonderful, wonderful! I'll keep a good thought for you Monday. They are so lucky to get a chance to hire you.

How much of the hair came off?

td said...

Good luck with the interview!